Overview of CSR activities
The Kurita Group strives to widely contribute to society through its business activities related to water and the environment, based on the Kurita Group Philosophy: "Study the properties of water, master them, and we will create an environment in which nature and man are in harmony."
On the basis of the Kurita Group Code of Conduct, compliance guidelines have been set in each company department and group company to provide basic principles for all employees to follow.
The Kurita Group 21st Century Vision, which is based on our corporate philosophy and comprises the Corporate Vision, Management Guidelines, and Code of Ethical Conduct, encapsulates the dream of how we want the Kurita Group to be.
Furthermore, the Corporate Governance Policies adopted in October 2015 declare the importance of the rights and positions of various stakeholders. The policies are based on an awareness that collaboration with diverse stakeholders is essential when striving to carry out the corporate philosophy and seeking sustainable growth as the Kurita Group resolves issues relating to the sustainability of society and industry.
Building a transparent and fair relationship with stakeholders
- We strive to provide timely disclosure of necessary and sufficient information from the perspective of shareholders and investors.
- We aim to maintain shareholder support through realization of capital efficiency-focused management and appropriate shareholder returns.
- We strive to provide our customers with excellent products, technologies and services that can meet their safety and quality expectations.
- We strive to maintain transparent and fair business transactions based on free competition. In our dealings with our suppliers, we aim to strengthen relationships of mutual trust with an emphasis on the autonomy, profits, and the assets of both companies.
- We treat employees mainly according to their duties, capabilities and achievements, with the aim of promoting employees’enthusiasm for work in the era of globalization.
- We strive to provide a diverse range of employment styles for employees to choose from. We aim to create an enthusiastic work environment that allows employees to select a working style that enables them to draw upon their abilities and suits their qualifications and stage in life.
- We develop products, technologies and services that contribute to meeting global challenges such as the conservation of the natural environment and the effective use of resources; we propose and provide customers with solutions that improve the environment; and we implement initiatives and disclose outcomes for reducing the environmental impact within Kurita. We aim to achieve acknowledgement and recognition for these initiatives from involved parties and to earn enduring social trust.
- In addition to contributing to society through business, we aim to be highly valued by society by actively using the insight and expertise built up through business to give back to society.
- Kurita conducts business in a manner that respects biodiversity and sustainability.